In order to decide on the application of the MRL, the following questions must first be addressed:
Which EU directives apply?
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU
- ATEX – Product Directive 2014/34/EU
- Electromagnetic compatibility 2014/30/EU
- Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU
- Outdoor Directive 2000/14/EC
Other guidelines such as:
EU Directive on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS) 2011/65/EU
EU Directive laying down ecodesign requirements for energy-related products (Ecodesign) 2009/125/EC with its corresponding regulations, e.g. for ventilation systems, electric motors.
By starting with standards research and risk assessment as early as possible, already during planning and development, you reduce subsequent costs due to technical and legal risks.